Eudora is a very popular and powerful e-mail client developed by Qualcomm, Inc. Qualcomm offers three versions of this software: a free limited-feature version, a paid commercial version, and a free sponsored version. Eudora is available for download at http://www.eudora.com/.
Creating a New Personality
To create a new personality (alternate email account), do the following:
- From the Tools menu, choose Personalities, or click the Personalities window’s tab if it is a deselected window in a tabbed group. The Personalities window appears.
- Right-click anywhere inside the Personalities window to display the drop-down context menu.
- From the context menu, choose New. The first New Account Wizard window, Account Settings, appears.
- Select Create a brand new email account and click Next. The next New Account Wizard window, Personality Name, appears.
- In the Personality Name text box, enter the name to identify this Personality only, for example “Business.” Click Next and the next New Account Wizard window, Personal Information, appears.
- In the Your Name text box, enter your name. Click Next and the next New Account Wizard window, E-mail Address, appears.
- In the E-mail Address text box, enter your full email address and click Next. The next New Account Wizard window, Login Name, appears.
- In the Login Name text box, enter your login name. This is the UserName associated with the POP account. Click Next and the next New Account Wizard window, Incoming Email Server, appears.
- In the Incoming Server text box, enter yourdomain.com (where "yourdomain.com" is the name of your domain.)
- At the bottom of this window, select the type of incoming server you will be using, POP or IMAP. Click Next and the next New Account Wizard window, Outgoing email Server, appears.
- In the Outgoing Server text box, enter yourdomain.com (where "yourdomain.com" is the name of your domain) or use your local ISP's outgoing SMTP mail server. Uncheck the Allow authentication box. Click Next and the Success window appears.
- Click Finish. You have successfully entered your new personality. Your new personality will be checking mail whenever you retrieve mail.
Using SSL for Your Personalities
Our servers do not currently support SSL for e-mail. SSL is enabled by default in Eudora, and will cause an error message to be displayed unless you disable it. Be sure that SSL is not enabled for your account by following this procedure:
- From the Tools menu, choose Personalities. The Personalities window appears.
- For an existing personality, highlight the personality and choose Properties from the context menu. For a new personality, right-click anywhere in the Personalities window to display the context menu. Choose New and then choose Skip directly to advanced account setup. The Account Settings dialog appears.
- Choose the Generic Properties tab. In the Secure Sockets when Sending field, click the down arrow to display the drop-down menu and select Never.
- Choose Incoming Mail tab. In the Secure Sockets when Receiving field, click the down arrow to display the drop-down menu and select Never.
If you're experiencing problems sending or receiving e-mail, the information contained in our E-Mail Troubleshooter may help diagnose and solve the problem.
Was this answer helpful?
With server side extensions, it's possible that some frontpage components such as shared...
This explains how to setup FTP to upload your files from your computer to your website. We...
Overview of MySQL database. Creating/Deleting/Editing Databases and Users Connecting...
The Apache web server has a number of configuration options that are available to the server...
The process by which files are transferred to the web server is called "FTP" (File Transport...