Deleting FTP Accounts
Deleting FTP Accounts
- Go to the "FTP Accounts" page in your cPanel control panel.
- 2. When the page loads, you will see an "Accounts Management" table consisting of the following information split into six columns:
- User - This entry shows the login/username for the associated FTP account.
- Type - This entry shows various icons depending on the type of FTP account. View the "Legend" table for further information.
- Directory - This entry shows the location of the FTP account (the FTP user is restricted to the directory defined in this entry).
- Disk Usage - This entry shows the amount of disk space used by the associated FTP account.
- Quota - This entry shows the amount of disk space allocated to the associated FTP account.
- Functions - This entry provides the following options:
- Delete - Click on the Delete icon to delete the FTP account from the system.
- Edit Quota - Click on the Edit Quota icon to change or modify the amount of disk space allocated to the associated FTP account.
- Change Password - Click on the Change Password icon to change or modify the password of the associated FTP account.
- Find the FTP account you want to delete in the "Account Management" table.
- Click on the Delete icon to delete the FTP account from the system.
- You will see the following statement:
- "Are you sure you wish to delete the FTP account LOGIN/USERNAME?"
- Underneath the statement you will see the following three buttons:
- Yes & Remove All Files in DIRECTORY_PATH
- Click on the Yes button to remove the FTP account, but leave the files in place. Click on the Yes & Remove All Files in DIRECTORY_PATH button to remove the FTP account and all associated files in the FTP account's directory.
Was this answer helpful?
Overview The File Manager is a tool you can use to navigate your way through your web...
Overview The Web Disk allows you to easily drag and drop files to your hosting account....
Overview You can change the password to any of the available FTP accounts. Follow the...
Overview The cPanel Disk Usage Viewer allows you to see where the files are in your site...
Overview FTP Accounts allow you to access your web site's files through a protocol called...