A mailing list can simplify sending messages to a large group of people. You can add a group of email addresses to a mailing list to avoid typing in those addresses each time a mailing is sent. This can be very useful when sending newsletters or other updates to large groups of people.
Create A Mailing List
- Set the following:
- List Name - Enter the name of your new mailing list.
- Password - Enter the password to your new mailing list.
- Domain - Select the domain you want your new mailing list to be used on from the drop down menu.
- Click on the Add Mailing List button.
- When the page loads, you should see a confirmation statement. Click on the Go Back Link.
- You will see a two-column table consisting of the following information:
- List Name - This entry is the name of the mailing list you entered in Step 1 above.
- Functions - You have three functions available.
- Delete - Click on the Delete link to delete the associated mailing list.
- Change Password - Click on the Change Password to modify/change the associated mailing list's password.
- Modify - Click on the Modify link to configure, manage, and use your new mailing list. The mailing list manager uses a third-party web based application called Mailman. You will need to enter the password for the mailing list you created in Step 1 above and then configure your new mailing list according to Mailman's instructions at one of the following locations: