MX Entry Maintenance
You can use the DNS File MX Entry Maintenance function to change where a domain's email is delivered to. This allows you to have the email from one domain delivered to another domain. Changing your MX entry will change your sites DNS record for MX.
Changing The MX Entry
- First choose the email domain you want to modify in the Change MX for drop down menu.
- Next, enter the new domain in the "to" text box.
- Click on the Change button.
You must enter a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) as the MX destination.
Also note that you will see a "Warning" message regarding the MX you are changing. If this applies to you or if you have further questions regarding the "Warning" statement, please contact your hosting provider's support department.
- You will see the following statement:
- "The MX entry for DOMAIN has been changed to NEW_DOMAIN"
- Click on the Go Back link.
- You will see your domain and its associated "MX Entry" in the "Current MX Entries" table. This table provides a quick view of all your email domains and their associated MX Entries.
Was this answer helpful?
Overview Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mail from one email address to...
Steps Set the following in the "Add a New Email Account" section: E-mail - Enter...
Overview You can use email filters to send messages to certain places depending on their...
Overview Auto Responders allow you to send an automatic response to anyone who sends an...
Overview Web mail is a web based mail client you can use on any browser to access all your...